What is Office 365?
Microsoft is the largest and the oldest vendor started offering its products like Word, PowerPoint, excel from 1974. Today every computer user was very familiar with these Microsoft products. This is one of the most popular software suites in the world. These suites were being used by 1.5billion people worldwide. If you take the analysis of the past 3 decades, we cannot find a person who uses the computer without the office 365 suite.
Millions of modern businesses rely on the Microsoft suite to communicate, create documents and balance the products. There are many hidden Microsoft products that many people were not aware of with the release of office 365.
What is Microsoft office 365?
Microsoft office 365 is a suite of cloud-based productivity and applications that integrates all the existing Microsoft applications into a cloud service as a main communication and collaboration applications. Office 365 is a subscription-based version of the Office 365 suite where you have a few options when purchasing the account. Office 365 personal gives you a single user full access to every office application.
On the other hand, the office365 home is designed for families where multiple people will be using the office 365. But, office 365 has several advantages that aren’t available with the Microsoft office suite. For an instance, the subscription to Microsoft office includes excellent features like Translator, Resume assistant, and smart lookup. Here you can also collaborate with others in excels via co-authoring feature that lets you edit your workbook in real-time.
Besides Office Mobile apps comes with more features when you subscribe. For instance, you can do things like inserting page breaks, use more colors (or) making pivot tables with excel. In the free version of the mobile apps, it allows you to perform basic tasks like creating a file, entering the text. The other advantage of using office 365 for business is the access to SharePoint online. This service includes some of the versions of office 365 that allow you to share and collaborates with others whether they are colleagues (or)customers. Here, this service allows you to set up permissions to any one of the organizations irrespective of the location.
With the frequent subscription of office 365, the customer does get updates of the latest software, bug fixes updates.
Are you looking to get practical knowledge on office 365? if so, visit Office365 Online Training
How office 365 is different from Microsoft 365?
Office 365 is different from Microsoft 365 in the following manner:
a)Office 365 is a cloud-based suite of productivity, while Microsoft 365 is a package of services that includes all the tools along with other business tools.
b)A user can subscribe to office 365 without subscribing to Microsoft 365. But all Microsoft users do have access to office 365.
c)Microsoft 365 was developed to give business access to all the baseline tools they need to run their business infrastructure and secure their business
What are the apps and services does office 365 for business include?
Depending on the subscription you take in office 365 the apps and the services vary in your account. But core apps and services were included in office 365. Some of them are word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook, one-note, Exchange, Share Point, Skype for business, One Drive for business, and so on.
Why Should companies use office 365?
Due to the extreme feature of office 365, this suits best for both individuals as well as the corporate purposes. The reason why the companies use office 365 are as follows:
a)To provide proactive protection against downtime.
b)High system maintenance to ensure high-performance operations.
c)To protect the system against security vulnerabilities.
Benefits of office 365:
The utilization of office 365 has the following benefits. They are:
- Explore and Integrate: Office 365 integrates easily with Microsoft Office and other Microsoft programs. It just takes few minutes to create a trial account, where the users can test and integrate with the cloud.
- Collaborate Anywhere and Anytime: With office 365, users can get web-enabled access to email, documents, calendars, whichever device (or) the browser they use. This accessibility enables unified collaboration among employees.
- Stay up and Running Always: By running your applications in the cloud and storing your data, you ensure all your business documents and applications such as email will always be available.
- Flexibility: With multiple options in the office 365 suite, enterprises buy only the office solutions they needed and convert the CAPEX to OPEX.
- Single Sign-on: Users can store their password in the system tray of the machine to avoid repeatedly signing in.
- Support: With Microsoft support, support users can receive a business class service through admin support, with a 99.9 % uptime guarantee, geo-redundant data centers, disaster recovery, robust security, privacy controls, and standards.
- Security Compliance: It has built-in security and continuous compliance. Through office 365 where the data is and who has the access to it. You can also wipe all your data remotely from your mobile device if it is lost (or) stolen.
- No licensing issues: Office 365 includes all the licensing and it can be deployed worldwide. It means everyone has the same version of Microsoft office and all receive the updates at the same time.
- Get Organized: When you use office 365, email, contacts, and calendar all are synchronized. The updated contact on your mobile will be automatically updated across the devices. Here you can also access the same data from any device (or) save the document on your PC and continue working on it through the smartphone (or) tablet.
- Real-time Collaboration: It allows the team to collaborate with various Microsoft products like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Users can see the real-time edits, (or) additions to the document. It automatically saves each version to its early version easily. This ensures a quicker and simpler collaboration between the employees and departments that results in improved productivity.
Likewise, you can enjoy more benefits, when you work with office 365. By reaching the end of this blog, I hope you people have gained good information on office 365. You people can acquire practical knowledge on these products taught by industry professionals at Office 365 Online Course. In the upcoming post of this blog, Ill be sharing the details of the utilization of various Microsoft products in details. You people can also check our Office 365 Interview Questions and get placed in a reputed company.