WordPress provides the most amazing way of creating websites and blogs. More than 34% of the websites are built using WordPress. So, it can be said that this popular content management system is famous for developing blogging sites and websites. Today, WordPress has proudly brought the most supportive and useful blogging community on the web. Thousands of sites (news, updates, resources, training, tutorials— the list is endless) exists which inherit and make use of WordPress. In this chapter, you will learn about the primary purpose of WordPress and its types and features.
What is WordPress?
WordPress can be defined as an open-source CMS that has been licensed under GPLv2. It means anyone has the right to use as well as modify the WordPress software for free. Get hold of more details concerning jogar online caca niquel halloween gratis. It can be considered as a tool that makes the life of content publishers easy to manage an essential portion of the website like website content, and multimedia files in web pages without having prior knowledge of web programming. The ultimate result is that WordPress helps develop and build a website handy for anyone, even without the skill set of a developer.
Features of WordPress
WordPress is considered to be the most popular content management system due to its characteristics.
- The most important features of WordPress are that you can create a dynamic website without any programming and design knowledge.
- WordPress is theme-based, which provides you options for various open-source and premium design themes, which can be integrated easily without any designing knowledge.
- Plugins extend the functionality of WordPress, which can be used to add new required modules.
- WordPress sites are search engine optimization (SEO) friendly, and it means sites built-in WordPress can be easily optimized for search engine listings.
- WordPress is Multilingual, which allows users to translate content in their language.
- WordPress has an inbuilt Media Management System, which is used to manage images, music, documents, etc. and can be used with text content.
Advantages of WordPress
- WordPress is free and an open-source platform under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Design themes customization in WordPress is straightforward.
- It allows you to manage users with different roles and permissions.
- WordPress media management is quick and easy to use.
- WordPress provides WYSIWYG editor to manage your text content, which is very useful for manipulating the layout of the document.